Beulah Festival Grounds
Arizona Bike Week
11Live Oak, FL
Universal Studios Florida - Main Stage
LYNYRD SKYNYRD’S GARY ROSSINGTON
TO BE HONORED IN SONGWRITING CATEGORY
AT THE 34TH ANNUAL GEORGIA MUSIC
HALL OF FAME AWARDS
Show and Concert Scheduled for Sunday, October 14
On-Stage at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
and Live GPB Broadcast
ATLANTA, Ga. (July 31, 2012) – Lynyrd Skynyrd founding member Gary Rossington will join a distinguished roster of Georgia performing artists and music industry leaders in accepting awards on-stage at the 34th Annual Georgia Music Hall of Fame Awards Concert and Show, scheduled for Sunday, October 14 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. Rossington will be honored in the Songwriter Category having written well over 120 songs throughout his career including classic iconic songs like “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Simple Man,” and “What’s Your Name.” Lynyrd Skynyrd release their new album, Last of a Dyin’ Breed, on August 21, 2012.
Atlanta’s celebrated television icon Monica Pearson will be Mistress of Ceremonies of the event. A Special Performance by American Idol stars and recording artists Snellville, GA-raised Diana DeGarmo and her fiancée Ace Young, who met while appearing in the Broadway revival of “Hair,” will be another highlight of the evening. Many of the inductees will also perform during the Concert.
At the Concert and Show, to be televised live by GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting), artists representing extraordinary talent in classical, contemporary, country and Southern Rock music will be saluted and will perform on-stage during the evening. According to Dr. Bobbie Bailey, President of Friends of Georgia Music Festival, Inc., “Since the first presentation in 1979, at which the legendary Ray Charles was an inductee, the Georgia Music Hall of Fame Awards Show and Concert has emerged as the premier forum for recognizing the scope of the performing virtuosity of Georgia-born-or-based music professionals.” Dr. Bailey thanked Jack Sawyer of Wilmington Trust, Joel Katz of Greenberg-Traurig, Delta Air Lines and Michael Taormina of the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre for “their generous and loyal sponsorship support.”
The 2012 inductees include, in addition to Robert Spano, recipient of the Chairman’s Award, musical and artist living legends as well as three giants of the Georgia entertainment arena being recognized posthumously:
• Performer – Sugarland, Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush: From the Platinum-selling #1 hit “Stay,” 22 million worldwide sales of albums and singles and five Country Music “Vocal Duo of the Year” Awards to Grammy and Academy of Country Music accolades, the duet partners combine vocal, songwriting, production and multi-instrumentalist greatness.
• Group – 38 Special: Bringing a strong Southern Rock influence to American music, 38 Special’s breakthrough hit “Hold On Loosely” has been followed by #1 Billboard albums and hits including “Back Where You Belong” and “Second Chance.”
• Non-Performer – Alex Hodges: A native Georgian, Alex Hodges is CEO of Nederlander Concerts and started his career as an agent at Walden Artists where he introduced Georgia’s Otis Redding and other R&B legends to the world. As principal at Paragon Agency and later Empire Agency, he guided the illustrious careers of stars including Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gregg Allman and groups such as Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Police, The Allmann Brothers Band, Atlanta Rhythm Section, The Outlaws, Sea Level, The Marshall Tucker Band and The Charlie Daniels Band, among others.
• Songwriter – Gary Rossington: A founding member of the legendary band Lynyrd Skynyrd, Gary Rossington has contributed to the group’s 30 million+ worldwide album sales, three 2x Platinum records and a position among the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time by Rolling Stone magazine. He has created songs that cement him as a cultural icon, including “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Simple Man” and “What’s Your Name” among many others.
• Horizon Award – Riley Biederer: Riley Biederer is a singer/songwriter from Atlanta, USA, with a voice bigger than her ex-gymnast’s frame and a resume beyond her fifteen years. Since winning Georgia state titles in the vault and the floor exercise, she has been focusing exclusively on her music. In addition to writing prodigiously on her own, she has collaborated with a host of well-known songwriters in the pop, rock and country genres, and recorded with producer/engineer Matt Still. (Elton John, Outkast). She is currently writing and recording songs for her debut album.
• Posthumous: Blues guitarist Jonny Jenkins, Fox Theatre’s organist and WSB personality Bob Van Camp and Atlanta’s beloved DJ Skinny Bobby Harper.
The honorees and luminaries of Atlanta’s entertainment, cultural and philanthropic scenes will walk the Red Carpet, beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 14. For early arrivals, a cash bar will open at 4:00 p.m. The Awards Concert and Show will begin at 5:00 p.m. Tickets starting at $60 per person and $20 per student are available for sale from August 4th onwards through www.cobbenergycentre.com or www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-800-745-3000.
We’re looking for Lynyrd Skynyrd fans in New York who want to be interviewed on camera about why they love the band! If you can be in New York City on Wednesday, August 1, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information; the label will be inviting a select group of fans to come to their offices, hear a few songs from our new album Last of a Dyin’ Breed, and testify on camera!
Skynyrd will be returning to Clarkston, MI at DTE Energy Music Theatre on September 21. The band has worked out a deal with DTE to offer complimentary tickets to any fans that purchased tickets to the Jackson, MI show that was cancelled this past weekend. Please email us your verification of proof of purchase (credit card receipt, ticket stubs, etc) and your contact information to the following email address and we will give you tickets to the show. email: email@example.com
Pre-Order Lynyrd Skynyrd's new album Last of a Dyin’ Breed, and get the digital album delivered on 8/17, plus an instant download of the title track single "Last of a Dyin’ Breed" from the album.
Special Edition CD (15 tracks),
Last Of A Dyin' Breed instant grat MP3,
Digital Album (Standard Edition) - Delivered 8/17,
American Wolf Basic T-Shirt
Get yours HERE
Not sure if you guys are aware, but we started The Skynyrd Foundation a couple years ago... Well, during that time we have taken a portion of all ticket sales and raised money for many noteworthy charities.
With your help and support, we have raised over $350,000!!!
We wanted to say THANK YOU for supporting the band, these charities and keeping Skynyrd music alive!
Thank you Skynyrd Nation!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD's upcoming album 'Last of a Dyin' Breed' will be released as part of a Classic Rock fanpack on the 21st of August, with the Roadrunner release coming 4 weeks later on the 17th of Sept. The album features 11 brand-new songs and marks the debut of new bassist Johnny Colt - check out a sound byte from the album in the MUSIC section of the site.
Hey Skynyrd Nation!
We have three new presales for you this week, hope you're ready! Lynyrd Skynyrd will be rocking Glen Allen VA, Stockton CA and St. Leonard MD later this year and we want you to have first access to presale tickets before the general public. Read on for more information and the presale start times!
Presale begins Wednesday, 5/16 at 12pm local venue time for:
08/15/12 - Innsbrook Pavilion (Glen Allen, VA)
10/05/12 - Stockton Arena (Stockton, CA)
Presale begins Saturday, 5/19 at 12pm local venue time for:
7/22/12 - Bayside Toyota Pavilion (St. Leonard, MD)
To purchase presale tickets, visit http://lynyrdskynyrd.artistarena.com
Remember, presale tickets are limited and available on a first come, first served basis so get them while we've got them!
*** If you are having difficulty accessing the ticketing link, make sure you are allowing cookies. If that isn't working for you try using another browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc…). If after trying that you still can't get in, please call 212.420.1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We'll see you there!